– Attention Tenants! You will be affected by new rules and standards recently introduced by the City of Ottawa to improve rental housing in our city. These changes include a new Bylaw that came into effect in September 2021. Click the following link to learn some key things that you should know as a tenant about renting a unit in Ottawa :
– The landlord and Tenant Board has expanded access terminals to Ottawa for those who do not have access to a phone, computer, and/or the internet! Click here to learn more.
– The enforcement of residential eviction orders resumed in Ontario as of June 2, 2021. To learn more, click here.
– For our tip sheet on tenants’ rights and responsibilities during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as other tip sheets, please click here.
– For our list of questions and answers on rental housing and COVID-19, please click here.
– For the Community Legal Services of Ottawa’s Tip Sheet for Tenants Who Owe Rent to Their Landlord Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, click here.
– For the Steps to Justice list of questions and answers on housing law and COVID-19, please click here.
Action Housing and Housing Help are two distinct housing loss prevention organizations in Ottawa. We provide free services to low- to moderate-income individuals and families to access and maintain safe, adequate and affordable housing.