COVID-19 Pandemic : Please contact Action Housing or Housing Help to learn how to access each agency’s respective services.

– Attention Tenants! You will be affected by new rules and standards introduced by the City of Ottawa to improve rental housing in our city. These changes include a new Bylaw that came into effect in September 2021. Click the following link to learn some key things that you should know as a tenant about renting a unit in Ottawa :

Rules and Standards for Rental Housing – September 2021

– The landlord and Tenant Board has expanded access terminals to Ottawa for those who do not have access to a phone, computer, and/or the internet! Click here to learn more.

– For our tip sheets, please click here.

– For the Steps to Justice list of questions and answers on housing law and COVID-19, please click here.


Action Housing and Housing Help are two distinct housing loss prevention organizations in Ottawa. We provide free services to low- to moderate-income individuals and families to access and maintain safe, adequate and affordable housing.

Action Housing
150 Montreal Road, Unit 305
Ottawa, ON
K1L 8H2
Phone: 613-562-8219

Housing Help
309 Cooper St, Suite 502
Ottawa, ON
K2P 0G5
Phone: 613-563-4532


Action Housing and Housing Help provide similar services. Who you contact depends on where you live. Click on each agency’s logo above to learn more, or consult the ward list below.

Action Housing

1 Orléans Ward
2 Innes Ward
5 West Carleton-March Ward
7 Bay Ward
8 College Ward
11 Beacon Hill-Cyrville Ward
12 Rideau-Vanier Ward
13 Rideau-Rockcliffe Ward
16 River Ward
19 Cumberland Ward

Housing Help

3 Barhaven Ward
4 Kanata North Ward
6 Stittsville Ward
9 Knoxdate-Merivale Ward
10 Gloucester-Southgate Ward
14 Somerset Ward
15 Kitchissippi Ward
17 Capital Ward
18 Alta Vista Ward
20 Osgoode Ward
21 Rideau-Goulbourn Ward
22 Gloucester-South Nepean Ward
23 Kanata South Ward

Not sure which area you live in? Visit here to find out.

You can also phone one of the numbers above and we will help you contact the correct agency.