– The Landlord and Tenant Board has sent emails to many tenants who have filed Tenant Applications informing them that their matters will be scheduled in early 2022. If you have filed a Tenant Application, please ensure that you are regularly checking your mail, your email and your “spam” and “junk” folders. For more information, click here.
– Attention Tenants! You will be affected by new rules and standards recently introduced by the City of Ottawa to improve rental housing in our city. These changes include a new Bylaw that came into effect in September 2021. Click the following link to learn some key things that you should know as a tenant about renting a unit in Ottawa :
– The landlord and Tenant Board has expanded access terminals to Ottawa for those who do not have access to a phone, computer, and/or the internet! Click here to learn more.
– For our tip sheets, please click here.
– For the Steps to Justice list of questions and answers on housing law and COVID-19, please click here.
Action Housing and Housing Help are two distinct housing loss prevention organizations in Ottawa. We provide free services to low- to moderate-income individuals and families to access and maintain safe, adequate and affordable housing.